Whether you’re stressed to the max, are tight on time, or it’s not in the budget to go to the spa this month—you can enjoy a relaxing spa day at home. Even if you only have an hour or two you will feel pampered and rejuvenated with the tips below.
#1 An Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salts are made from magnesium sulfate. When dissolved in your bathwater, they can soothe tense or sore muscles and detoxify your skin. Your skin is your body’s largest muscle, so detox regularly with steam, sauna, or an Epsom salt bath.
Elevate your bath by selecting infused Epsom salts. For example, salts infused with dried flowers, herbs, or essential oils will also create aromatic benefits.
#2 Manicure And Pedicure
It’s never been easier to complete a spa-quality manicure and pedicure at home. If your kids or spouse want to join in, make it a family affair.
Invest in a simple manicure kit with a cuticle pusher, nail clippers, buffer, cuticle oil, and nail file. If that’s all you want to do, leave it there. Or apply nail wraps, nail decals, standard polish, or gel polish.
#3 Deep Cleansing Facial
Your at-home facial options are endless, so we’ll cover a basic facial. For a more advanced facial, utilize the Skincare Devices suggested in Tip #4.
- Cleanse your face with your preferred facial cleanser.
- If you have an at-home facial steamer, steam your face. If you don’t have a steamer, wet a washcloth with warm water, ring it out, and lie down for 5 minutes with it covering your face.
- Exfoliate with a granular or chemical exfoliator or your preferred exfoliation tool.
- Apply a deep cleansing face mask. Use as directed, set a timer, and relax while your mask dries.
- Rinse your mask off and follow up with a leave-on or rinse-off hydrating mask of choice. For example, a sheet mask and eye mask.
- Use your eye and face mask as directed, which may require rinsing your face or layering on a facial moisturizer.
#4 Anti-Aging And Beauty Devices
The range of at-home beauty devices has never been more accessible. Just be sure to read the directions and use them with the correct products.
Some devices are designed to be used as needed, daily, or a few days a week. Using less than directed can still be pampering and beneficial, but for optimal results—use your beauty devices as suggested.
Below are a few skincare devices to consider. View Methode Brigitte Kettner’s full range of anti-aging devices here.
- To enjoy spa-quality cleansing and exfoliation consider the Ultrasonic Spatula. It delivers 28,000 ultrasound vibrations per second, has positive and negative ion settings, and helps your skincare products penetrate deeply into your pores.
- Consider At-Home Microdermabrasion for ultimate exfoliation and instantly soft and smooth skin. Microdermabrasion removes the top layer of dead skin which also accelerates the rate at which scars fade. Our device also stimulates the natural production of collagen for anti-aging benefits.
- Use your Jade Facial Roller 3 to 7 days per week for maximum results or only when your face is puffy. Always roll after applying facial serum or facial moisturizer. You can even roll over your sheet mask while it’s still on. Facial rolling will help your products to deeper penetrate your pores to deliver better anti-aging benefits.
We hope these tips inspire you to have a relaxing at-home spa day!