Jade is a lovely green stone that can be transformed into everything from art to jewelry, energetic stones, and jade facial rollers. Using jade stones for massage dates back to ancient China, Egypt, and Mexico—and remains a timeless beauty solution. There are countless facial rollers to choose from, but we prefer jade. Here’s how jade facial rollers work and why we just added one to our list of skincare devices.
Why Choose A Natural Stone Roller?
Facial rollers have made a major comeback in the last few years. Many are made from smooth plastics, but we suggest natural stones such as jade or quartz.
Stone rollers are overall more comfortable as they are silky smooth, unlike plastic which doesn’t contour to your face. However, you must always roll over a serum or sheet face mask.
Being natural, there are fewer hygiene and sanitation concerns than with plastic products. Wash your jade facial roller with warm soapy water after each use and sanitize between clients. For at home use, sanitize once a week by wiping the roller with rubbing alcohol. Do not soak your roller in water as it can damage the metal components.
Why Jade Not Rose Quartz?
Both jade and rose quartz are smooth and will deliver the same results. We chose jade because it warms to your body temperature for ultimate comfort, while rose quartz remains cool. However, you can achieve a cooling effect with your jade roller by popping it in the fridge for a few minutes before use. A cooler roller is ideal when you wake with a puffy face.
Why Use A Jade Facial Roller?
Your new jade roller is a gentle and effective way to immediately improve the appearance of your skin. When used regularly, it provides a variety of anti-aging effects.
- Laying flat for long periods of time allows fluid to collect in the soft tissues of your face, particularly underneath your eyes. This is why you sometimes wake up puffy. Facial rolling will rapidly minimize this puffiness.
- Facial rolling stimulates blood circulation which can make your dull skin appear brighter, firmer, and healthier.
- Improving circulation helps to drain the lymph nodes in your face, releasing toxins and delivering fresh nutrients to your cells.
- Rolling helps your anti-aging serum to penetrate deeper into your pores, optimizing your product’s anti-aging benefits.
- Release some of the tension in your facial muscles to help you relax at the end of the day.
How To Use A Jade Facial Roller?
Using your new jade facial roller is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Cleanse and tone your face.
- Apply a facial serum or sheet mask.
- Roll over the serum or sheet mask with gentle pressure.
Use the smaller roller for your nose and under and around your eye, and the larger section for the rest of your face. Roll up and down with the natural contours of your face. Roll up to twice a day for 5 minutes, or at least 3 days a week. Or just roll when you are puffy!
Have more time to spare? Jade roll after applying serum to your jawline, neck, and décolletage for the same anti-aging benefits!