Wrinkles, cellulite, stretch marks, and scars are a sign of a life well-lived. That being said, the team at Methode Brigitte Kettner understands the connection between aging and mental health. Society is just beginning to celebrate the beauty of every season of life.
The tips below help you take both a proactive and reactive approach to the signs of aging without invasive surgery.
#1 Proven Skincare Ingredients
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. Like all organs in your body, your skin requires nutrients in the form of hydration and antioxidant-rich vitamins. When it comes to your skin, drinking water, taking vitamins, and eating a nutrient-rich diet isn’t enough, as you also require topical hydration and antioxidants.
Look beyond the skincare fads and trends to products formulated with natural ingredients that contain scientifically proven ingredients. Evolve these products seasonally, as your skincare needs change, and as your skin matures.
This includes ingredients that:
- Firm and tighten
- Balance and restore
- Smooth and soothe
- Stimulate collagen
- Stimulate elastin
- And more!
#2 Customized Skincare Routine
With just a few minutes each morning and evening, you can slow the visible signs of aging. In addition to the universal skincare routine below, you must also personalize your routine to address your current and evolving skincare needs. What this looks like varies from one person to the next and may include the use of at-home skincare devices and professional skincare treatments.
- Exfoliate your skin 2 to 3 days a week.
- Wash your face every morning and evening.
- Apply an alcohol-free toner after patting your face dry.
- Apply serum 20 seconds after your toner.
- Apply an AM or PM moisturizer 20 seconds after or once your serum is dry.
- (AM) Finish with sunscreen.
#3 Professional Skin Care Treatments
Think of heading to the spa as more than pampering, as head-to-toe skincare treatments can be part of your anti-aging routine. For best results, consult with your dermatologist and esthetician to determine what skincare treatments are right for you.
#4 At-Home Skincare Treatments
At-home skincare treatments can be used instead of or in addition to spa treatments. MBK has a variety of multi-modality skincare devices, including:
- The Microdermabrasion unit which delivers gentle and effective at-home or in-spa microdermabrasion. It removes dead skin cells, minimizes scarring, and evens out skin tone and texture. It also stimulates collagen production.
- The Eye Rejuvenator utilizes microcurrent technology to minimize fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles around the eyes. It can also be used to smooth laugh lines and fine lines around the mouth/lips.
- Ultrasonic Spatula is a multi-modality device that can be used for safe and gentle cleansing, exfoliating, and extracting. It also has ultrasonic vibration to stimulate circulation and strengthen skin tissue to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- GLO can be used daily to gently massage and deep cleanse with the silicone brush side. On the flip side of the cleansing brush is a smooth metal plate that delivers ems/microcurrents combined with red light for collagen production or yellow light for elasticity. It also delivers positive and negative ions and heat for pore extraction and product penetration.
- The MBK Curve can be used from head to toe. It utilizes radiofrequency to heat fat cells and contour the body, ultrasound to boost cellular repair and collagen production, red light to stimulate tissue repair, and biomechanical vibration to smooth skin and boost your skin’s metabolism.
These are just a handful of our at-home and esthetician-grade antiaging skincare devices!
#5 Healthy Lifestyle Changes
Last but not least, we can’t ignore the importance of whole-body health in aging with grace. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring proper hydration and nutrition.
- Exercising for strength, flexibility, and mobility.
- Prioritizing wellness and keeping stress to a minimum.
- Regular physicals and personalized healthcare.
- Between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night.
Check back to the MBK blog soon for additional tips for aging with grace!