MBK Skincare formulates each of our products with naturally derived ingredients with scientifically backed skincare and beauty benefits. One of our go-to antiaging ingredients is jojoba oil. Here’s everything you need to know about this antioxidant-rich oil.
What Is Jojoba Oil?
Often formulated in a liquid form, it’s actually a wax derived from the nutlike seeds of the jojoba plant, which is native to the Southwest US and Northern Mexico. It’s rich in long-chain fatty acids and fatty alcohols that are similar to our skin’s sebum. Our sebum is a naturally occurring waxy substance that you can’t see but works as a protective barrier that keeps bacteria out and moisture in.
What Are The Skincare Benefits Of Jojoba Oil?
You can purchase jojoba oil in a liquid form but for ease of use, MBK Skincare blend it into Eye Creams, Serums, Overnight Creams, and Creams For Premature Aging—along with natural ingredients that work together to address your skincare needs. When it comes to your skin jojoba oil is:
- Gentle enough for all skin types, even extremely sensitive skin
- Acts as an extra layer of protection between your skin and the environment
- Non-comedogenic so it won’t cause pores
- Helps control oil and shine
- Improves hydration giving your skin a natural and healthy glow
- Rich in antioxidants B and E which protect your skin from external pollutants
- Speeds up cell regeneration and helps to fade scars, inflammation, and soothe sunburn
- Fights off free radicals and helps repair fine lines and wrinkles
- Promotes collagen production which slows as we age
How Else Can I Use Jojoba Oil?
Purchase pure jojoba oil to address a variety of your beauty needs, including but not limited to:
- Use as a cuticle cream to soften cuticles and nourish nails
- Add a few drops to your body lotion for additional moisture
- Add a few drops to your foot lotion or apply directly to dry feet
- Use after a sunburn to soothe inflammation and repair damage
- Apply to soothe sore, dry, or chapped lips
- Add to a cotton ball to dissolve waterproof mascara, eye makeup, and all-day lipsticks
- Use a few drops to tame flyaways, minimize split ends, and make hair shine
- Leave on your hair overnight to deep moisturize
- Apply to damp hair before swimming as a protective barrier from harsh chlorine
Check back soon to learn more about the beauty benefits of our most powerful skincare ingredients!