It’s an exciting time for anti-aging beauty treatments as there is an increasing number of non-invasive options to explore—including LED light treatments. LED therapy is making us rethink the future of the skincare industry as it helps to ignite our body’s natural healing abilities, in a completely safe, pain-free, and non-toxic manner. Here’s what you need to know.
What Is LED Therapy?
Sometimes referred to as red light therapy (RLT) this growing trend in the skincare industry delivers concentrated wavelengths of natural light to your skin. The light is 100% UV-free and safe for everyone. It warms your skin, but never burns and penetrates 10 millimeters deep delivering ATP to your cells. ATP is what provides our cells with the energy required to heal and repair. No burning, peeling, or damage to the skin as with lasers or chemical peels.
What Does LED Therapy Do?
There are a variety of aesthetic benefits of LED therapy. Initially used by NASA as a light source to grow plants on spacecrafts, they also found that LEDs help to aid in wound repair. As a beauty professional you can suggest LED to your clients to:
- Treat acne
- Boost circulation
- Lift, tone, and smooth skin
- Reduce external inflammation
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the skin
- Minimize scarring, sunspots, and discoloration
- Simulate the production of collagen and elastin
- As a proactive and reactive approach to the visible signs of aging
What Are The Side Effects Of LED Therapy?
Most types of light therapy contain ultraviolet rays, but LED does not. This means it is safe for ongoing use. Some clients experience redness, inflammation, or a short-term rash—but most clients have no side effects. Unlike chemical peels, laser therapy, or microdermabrasion there is no pain, no risk of burning and no need to schedule it around special events to make sure you look your best. However, LED therapy should not be used on those using Accutane or for those who currently have skin rashes.
Why Use The MBK Curve For Red Light Therapy?
There are a variety of professional red light therapy tools to choose from but the MBK Curve has a few unique advantages. It is a 4-in-1 skincare and beauty tool that can be used on the face and body. It’s large enough to work on targeted areas but small enough to work on curved areas of the body with ease—such as the jawline and neck. Since it’s small, many professionals use two at a time to cover more area in less time. It is pain-free and non-invasive and combines:
- 625 nanometer LED light to energize cells to heal and repair
- 300 Kilohertz radiofrequency to target fat cells and minimize cellulite
- 300,000 ultrasound vibrations per second to stimulate collagen and cellular activity
- Biomechanical vibrations to deliver nutrients and oxygen and smooth and tone skin
If you are an esthetician, dermatologist, spa owner, or beauty enthusiast who would like to learn more—we invite you to reach out to MBK Skincare today!