Methode Brigette Kettner’s top priority is to provide estheticians and everyday women and men with effective skincare products and beauty devices. When developing a new beauty device, we prioritize multi-functionality. This simplifies spa facials and at-home skincare and maximizes your budget. Our newest device is the MBK GLO. Here’s everything you need to know.
What Is The GLO?
The GLO is a two-sided multifunctional skincare device. The first side is a soft silicone cleansing brush. The second side is a metal conductor that integrates your choice of positive ion, negative ion, heat, vibration, red light, yellow light, and microcurrent (EMS).
It is one device to:
- Deep cleanse skin
- Provide pore-level extraction
- Gently exfoliate
- Relax tense face muscles
- Tighten and tone skin
- Push products into pores
- Even out skin tone
- Stimulate collagen production
- Improve circulation
Silicone Cleansing Brush
Deep cleansing nylon brushes were popular for many years. MBK had a nylon brush that we still sell replacement heads for, but our new brush is made from silicone.
In addition to the fact that nylon bristles wear out over time, nylon is porous and can grow bacteria. Without proper storage, cleaning, and replacement—bacteria-ridden nylon can be problematic.
Silicone is non-porous and soft but durable, eliminating the need for replacement heads. Our silicone cleansing brush:
- Is safe and gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Has 4 cleansing and massage speeds
- Is angled to easily clean your nose area
- Has an ergonomic handle for easy grip
- Is two-sided for spa and at-home facials
While gentle, as with all exfoliators, you should only use our silicone brush a maximum of 3 times a week.
Spa Facial Functions
The second side of our silicone cleansing brush is a smooth metal conductor that combines 8 spa facial functions that can be combined to deliver your desired results. The spa functions are also safe for sensitive skin and should only be used 3 times a week.
The individual spa functions are:
- Positive ion—the positive ion mode helps remove residue and aids in deep cleansing.
- Negative ion—the negative ion mode helps with product penetration.
- Warm—the heat helps to open the pores for better product penetration and removal of residue on the skin.
- Vibration—this mode will help release residue in the pores. It stimulates the skin and aids in relaxing and toning.
- Red Light—630nm-635nm, red light penetrates all the way to the dermis, promoting the growth of collagen to maintain the elasticity and water content of skin.
- Yellow Light—590nm-595nm, yellow light can accelerate blood circulation, activate cells, promote cell growth, and improve pigmentation.
- EMS—Electric Muscle Stimulation (microcurrent), the device mimics brainwave signals to stimulate the muscles for a toning effect.
These spa functions can be combined to achieve:
Cleansing—combines positive ion, vibration, heat, and red light.
Infusing product penetration—combines negative ion, vibration, heat, and yellow light.
Firming and anti-aging—combines EMS and red light.
When Not To Use Microcurrent
While safe on sensitive skin, you should not use microcurrent if you are:
- Have facial fillers
- Have epilepsy
- Have a heart condition
- Have inflammation, a rash, or open sores
- Have eczema, rosacea, acne, or irritation
- Have recently tanned or sunbathed
- Are using skin-thinning medications or topicals
- Are recovering from a cosmetic procedure
The GLO is backed by the MBK 2- year warranty. Reach out if you have any questions about our skincare devices or skincare products!