While injectables will instantly smooth your wrinkles, they aren’t your only option. Below is a non-invasive approach to minimizing forehead wrinkles. Also, a few proactive tips to implement before they begin to form. This is achieved by supporting and optimizing your body’s natural restorative process.
What Causes Forehead Wrinkles?
Just like the laugh lines around our eyes and mouth, forehead wrinkles are inevitable. They are caused by the repetitive motion of raising our eyebrows when we express ourselves. Particularly when we express laughter and joy, but also when we feel stressed or frustrated.
We don’t think about it, but most of us raise our eyebrows 100 or more times per day. Over time, permanent creases form. Initially, these creases are only visible when we raise our eyebrows. For some of us, the creases will be visible even when we aren’t raising our eyebrows.
How To Take A Proactive Approach To Forehead Creases?
Although inevitable, we can slow the natural signs of aging. We can also make healthy lifestyle choices that minimize the rate at which fine lines, wrinkles, and deep creases form. As we age, our skin stops producing collagen and elastin at the same rate as it did when we were younger.
You are likely to see the first visible signs of aging as early as your mid-20, and definitely by your 30s. You can take a proactive approach to whole-body anti-aging by:
- Eating a diet rich in antioxidants. This can be achieved by eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day or taking daily nutritional supplements.
- Nourish your skin topically with skincare products that contain vitamins A, C, and E. These vitamins help your skin to naturally repair itself.
- Your skin is your body’s largest organ, so it requires both internal and topical hydration. Hydrate your body from the inside out by drinking at least 64 ounces of water per day.
- Few things age your skin faster than the sun. Apply a broad-spectrum face and body product daily and reapply to exposed areas every 2 hours.
- Smoking is one of the things that ages your skin faster than the sun. In addition to premature wrinkles, it increases your likelihood of countless health problems.
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. When you do drink, hydrate both before and after to minimize the dehydrating effects of alcohol.
How Can My Daily Skincare Routine Minimize Forehead Wrinkles?
A daily skincare routine should cleanse, balance, nourish, and hydrate. You will also need to deep clean and exfoliate weekly. If you skip any of these steps, your skin will have a harder time repairing itself. For example, when you don’t wash your face, your pores can get clogged. This can lead to acne, but over time it can contribute to premature aging.
Your morning and evening skincare routine should include:
- Eye and facial serum
- Eye and facial moisturizer
- Sunscreen in the morning
How Skincare Treatments and Devices Can Help?
Your face contains 20 muscles. While we move our face all day long, we don’t “work out” our face or our neck. Just like day-to-day movement isn’t enough to remain physically fit, our face needs exercise too. This will stimulate the natural production of collagen, increase circulation to nourish the skin, and tighten and tone your skin. If you’ve noticed that your skin is tighter and firmer after a spa facial, it’s because your muscles have been optimized.
You can exercise your face and neck with:
- A spa facial
- Facial exercises
- Facial massage
- A jade roller
What Are Microcurrents And How Do They Help Forehead Wrinkles?
Microcurrent technology is a non-invasive and pain-free way to exercise your facial muscles. Small handheld devices deliver a low-grade electrical current, that feels like a gentle and soothing vibration that:
- Activates skin cells
- Exercises muscles and fascia
- Stimulates collagen regeneration
- Makes skin more elastic
- Lifts, tightens, and tones skin
- Improves circulation
You can purchase The Glo to use microcurrents at home. This saves both time and money, as consistency is key—and it’s too hard to get to the spa 2 or 3 days per week.
The Glo is a multi-modality device that also provides:
Positive ion—the positive ion mode helps remove residue and aids in deep cleansing.
Negative ion—the negative ion mode helps with product penetration.
Warm—the heat helps to open the pores for better product penetration and removal of residue on the skin.
Vibration—this mode will help release residue in the pores. It stimulates the skin and aids in relaxing and toning.
Red Light—630nm-635nm, red light penetrates all the way to the dermis, promoting the growth of collagen to maintain the elasticity and water content of skin.
Yellow Light—590nm-595nm, yellow light can accelerate blood circulation, activate cells, promote cell growth, and improve pigmentation.
These Tips Benefit Your Entire Face!
While your current concern may be your forehead wrinkles, the tips above will help you take a proactive approach to all wrinkles on your face, neck, and décolletage!